PRINCIPAL OFFICER ADVERT
Opportunity at Absa Pension Fund for EE candidates as a Principal Officer.
The Absa Pension Fund was established on 01 April 1992 and has plus 30000 members and pensioners, and assets of R30.6 billion. Absa Pension Fund’s mission is to provide superior service to members and beneficiaries and their vision is to be the Retirement Fund of choice in the banking industry.
The above-mentioned position will be available at the Fund’s Head Office in Sandton, Johannesburg, Gauteng.
• To ensure that a good working relationship is maintained with the Board
• Executing instructions of the Board and its Committees
• Ensuring the Fund’s compliance with all applicable statutory obligations, regulations, directives.
• Liaison with the Fund’s Actuary, Auditors, Financial Sector Conduct Authority and other stakeholders.
• Liaison on behalf of Board of Trustees with Service Providers, as required, unless the Board is in direct contact with the Service Provider.
• Signing of inter alia, rule amendments, adjudicator responses, contracts as approved by the Board.
• Provide accurate and timely management reports Competencies
• Unquestionable honesty, integrity, fit & proper and probity • Ability to maintain effective work outputs under pressure
• Excellent problem solving, strategic and analytical abilities
• Multi-skilled in the legal, financial, investments and governance fields Excellent communication abilities
• Sound interpersonal and relationship skills; team orientated
• Proven work standards and business ethics
• Strong commitment to deliver on Fund’s commitments
• Ensure the transparency, integrity and consistency of the fund’s processes Skills, knowledge and experience
• An LLB or LLM legal qualification will be an advantage
• Experience in law, corporate governance, finance or management
• At least 8 years’ experience in the retirement funds industry of which at least 5 years in corporate governance, particularly the management and operation of a retirement fund
• Sound knowledge of the retirement funds regulatory regimes including Pension Funds Act; Income Tax Act, King IV and other financial services regulations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced Computer literacy
• Must meet the Fit & Proper Requirements as per section 8 of the Pension Funds Act
CLOSING DATE: 31 JANUARY 2021
Please forward your comprehensive CV and copies of qualifications to